Seismo 1.91 (2021-06-22)
This is a maintenance release of Seismo, primarily focused on bug fixes and improvements.
- NEW: Introduce the native build for Apple Silicon Macs
- UI: Update the User Interface to be more consistent with macOS Big Sur
- IMPROVEMENT: modernise the code base to remove the use of deprecated API calls
- FIX / FUNCTIONAL CHANGE: Fixes a bug causing the local time of the earthquake to be displayed incorrectly as UTC, regardless of the location. In the past, the data source for the earthquakes included the time offset off UTC for the location where the earthquake took place, and Seismo was able to use this information to calculate the local time for the location of the earthquake. This version of Seismo changes that behaviour, as the time offset off UTC is no longer reported. Instead, Seismo uses the Local Time Zone of the system it runs on, and displays the times in UTC as well as the Local Time Zone for each of the earthquakes.
Seismo 1.90 (2019-11-06)
This is a maintenance release of Seismo, primarily focused on bug fixes.
- BUGFIX: fix an issue where some alert panels were rendered incorrectly.
- BUGFIX: fix a layout issue in Preferences window, which became apparent on MacOS Catalina
- BUGFIX: fix an issue where Tsunami Alerts were always showing for every earthquake, regardless of whether the earthquake did pose a Tsunami threat or not
- STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS: several bug fixes to improve stability
- IMPROVEMENT: Seismo now tries to update its own Location when reloading the Earthquake information. Previously only the initially obtained location was used for calculating the distance to each earthquake.
- IMPROVEMENT: when the user selects the minimum magnitude of earthquakes to show, Seismo now requests a filtered (narrower) list of earthquakes from USGS instead of downloading all earthquakes in a given period and filtering them locally; this should improve the speed of downloads as well as limit the data use and reduce the load on USGS servers
- FUNCTIONAL CHANGE: remove the Web Sheet displaying the USGS web page about a given earthquake. Now, the Earthquake Detailed Information panel has a button to open the Earthquake Web Page in the default Browser instead.
- GENERAL CODE MAINTENANCE: modernise the code base to remove the use of deprecated API calls
Seismo 1.80 (2018-10-06)
After a long hiatus in Seismo development, I am happy to announce a new release!
- FIX: This version of Seismo fixes an issue with displaying maps. Originally the app was using Google Maps for all map windows, however with recent changes to Google Maps usage rules, the map functionality stopped working and caused Seismo to hang. This issue is now fixed.
- NEW: Support for macOS Mojave Dark Mode
- NEW: To improve the security of your system, when installed using direct download from this page, Seismo is now distributed as Apple Notarised binary (this feature is only supported from macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra and 10.14 Mojave). This means, Seismo has been audited by Apple in a similar process as that for applications distributed through the Apple Store and was deemed secure.
Seismo 1.61 (2013-05-30)
A lot has changed since version 1.1, with quite a number of interim minor releases, each with a few small fixes, changes or enhancements - hence the increment in version number.
- NEW: Google Map support. Now the app can show all earthquakes on a map in a separate window
- NEW: Google Map support for individual earthquakes. Now, when opening Detailed Information window, you have the option to show the earthquake location on the map (this will open separate Map window, different than the Map of All Earthquakes)
- NEW: Copy and Paste support.
- CHANGE: Double clicking on an earthquake in the main window now opens Detailed Information instead of Web Page Sheet with the USGS Website
Seismo will be submitted to the Mac App Store over the coming days. Until then, the original version 1.0 is available in Mac App Store. You can download the newest version (1.61) directly from this website now.
Seismo 1.1 (2013-05-12)
- NEW: Added Location Search
- CHANGE: Web Links in About Panel are now clickable
- FIX: About Panel becomes active when open
Seismo 1.0 (2013-05-04)
- Original Release